Position Title:Transcript Analyst
Purpose of Position
Responsible for the processing of requests for transcripts from current and former students, providing course descriptions, assisting with enrollment verifications and registration.
- Responsible for processing online transcript requests (myLeo), electronic requests (Speede and E-Script Safe) as well as a;; requests received via fax and regular mail from all current and former student in a timely manner. Volume of requests exceeds 70,00 per year.
- Checks the student’s records for financial and non-financial holds and notifies students if their transcript cannot be released due to a university hold.
- Responsible for adding old institutional course work and transfer course work to student’s academic records, utilizing FORTIS, if/when applicable.
- Audits academic student records for accuracy and verification of grade point average and academic standing and any other issues before filling transcript requests.
- Ensures all undergraduate students have core curriculum and TSI met on their transcripts.
- Locate and copy course descriptions from previous year’s catalogs per student’s request.
- Assists students by phone and in person who inquire about a request or who need information about making a request for a transcript.
- Receive incoming telephone calls and assist with answering questions for all of the various areas within the Registrar’s Office. Should have basic knowledge of each area to help with recurring inquiries and registration.
- Assists at the front desk as needed and with other general office functions as assigned.
- Assists with enrollment verification requests.
- Processes overload permits received from the academic colleges.
- Responsible for ensuring service excellence to all University stakeholders.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively with all students, staff and faculty.
- Requires detailed knowledge and familiarity of all university policies and procedures.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent with one year related experience. Experience in registrar or student records office preferred. Good organization skills, ability to prioritize and work through problems independently. Good communication skills and pride in neat output of work necessary. Ability to work with all levels of staff in relation to confidential information.
Supervision of Personnel