Position Title:Transcript Evaluator
Department:Academic and Student Affairs, VP and Provost for
Reports To:Assistant Director of Undergraduate Admissions
Purpose of Position
Evaluates transfer transcripts submitted by prospective and current students in preparation for student enrollment, degree planning and advisement. To provide timely and accurate information and to assist in the development of resources for use by prospective and current students, community college advisors, admission recruiters/officials, academic/faculty advisors in support of transfer student recruitment, admission, enrollment and advisement.
- Electronically evaluates academic transcripts from colleges and universities in preparation for admission to the university, degree planning and academic advisement. Includes data entry of transfer credit into the student information system (BANNER).
- Researches and reviews transfer courses for the purpose of making recommendations to the Director for the determination of course equivalencies.
- Assists with the maintenance of the transfer articulation database module of the student information systems and production of equivalency guides.
- Assists with the maintenance of the articulation agreement database: design, publication, maintenance and dissemination of transfer guides for each degree major at Texas A&M University-Commerce and other transfer admissions marketing materials.
- Advises prospective students concerning transfer and University procedures.
- Communicates to transfer students and college advisors/counselors information about the Texas Uniform Core Curriculum and The Texas Common Course Numbering Systems and their respective roles in articulation and course equivalencies.
- Counsels prospective transfer students and enrolled students regarding the transferability and applicability of courses taken at junior/community colleges in Texas.
- Provides information as needed to academic and departmental advisors about transfer articulation issues as related to specific students.
- Trains as needed to Transfer Admissions student workers and graduate assistants on the proper utilization of student information system (BANNER).
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree. Two to three (2-3) years experience in Enrollment Management preferred. Some knowledge of the Texas Common Course Numbering System and Integrated Student Information System preferred. Experience with computer database management and use of information system resources. Must be detail oriented Ability to work in an environment with a long and continuous learning curve. Must be able to work extended hours during peak periods of processing for enrollment. Excellent communication skills, both written and oral and ability to supervise other office workers is needed.
Supervision of Personnel
Student workers and graduate assistants.