Position Title:TRIO Director
Reports To:Dean of Enrollment Management & Retention
Purpose of Position
Responsible for insuring that the federally funded Upward Bound and Student Support Services Programs function as a coordinated effort to provide participants the best possible services and opportunity for growth. The TRIO program of A&M Commerce is designed to assist low-income and first generation college students with a quality education. Our goal is to ensure that each student is provided with quality tutorial assistance, college and career counseling, leadership skills, and character education. We prepare students with the necessary knowledge and skills to become successful in college and in their chosen career fields.
- Directs and administrates TRIO Programs, Upward Bound and Student Support Services.
- Coordinates program development and program offerings with the guidance counselor teachers from the target schools and the University’s faculty and staff.
- Provides personal, career, financial and academic counseling and guidance to program students.
- Serves as liaison between these programs and the administration and faculty of target schools.
- Develops project proposals, reports and evaluations.
- Serves on University committees.
- Plans and administers the budget.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
MasterÔ??s Degree required plus three (3) years related experience. Experience in academic administration, either secondary or post-secondary required. Previous experience in working with students and parents whose social, economic and academic backgrounds are similar to those students who will be served is required. Success in overcoming disadvantages or circumstances similar to the target population is preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Supervises Assistant Director, Guidance Counselor, and Sponsor. Assistant Instructors and Secretary.