Position Title:University College Advising Coord/Regentsā?? Program Advisor
Purpose of Position
Provides leadership to the Success Coach office, responsible for the advising of 1500 students. The position allows for more effective implementation of common office procedures, improvements in student service, improvements in office reporting and the potential for Success Coaches to be more widely active on campus. Provides advising, instruction, planning and supervision to the Regentsā?? Scholars Program. As the Regentsā?? program grows, greater attention to programmatic detail in needed.
- Coordinates implementation of a comprehensive advising plan.
- Organizes duties of Success Coach Assistant and University College student workers.
- Liaison between UC Dean and Success Coaches for project implementation.
- Assists UC Dean in management and coordination of Regents’ Scholars program.
- Creates, organizes and implements processes for:
- Registration outreach/data collection.
- UC graduation process/notifications.
- Major declaration/hour check reporting
- Orientation processes
- Special projects
- Student information outreach/communications/timelines
- Academic probation/suspension processes.
- Early intervention efforts/data collection.
- Updated note/record keeping system.
- Advises and registers Regents’ Program Scholars.
- Maintains RSP website and communications.
- Teaches within RSP program
- Coordinates with other campus offices in providing services to RSP students.
- Assists with planning and implementation of RSP projects.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Required: Masters degree with two years working with students in higher education, preferably in academic advising, career counseling or other student development practice; strong organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication abilities, self-starter, comfortable with spear-heading and working without direct supervision, understanding of student development theory, Strengths Quest educator training, experience teaching at the collegiate level. Preferred: Bilingual, travel abroad experiences, previous administrative or management experience, experience with budgets.
Supervision of Personnel