Position Title:Vice President for Institutional Advancement
Department:Advancement, VP for
Purpose of Position
Provides vision and strategic leadership in directing all fundraising for Texas A&M University - Commerce. Fosters a culture of philanthropy within the organization to increase on going private and public sector financial support benefiting the University, its students, employees and the foundation.
- Provides leadership necessary to develop and maintain integrated comprehensive internal and external fund development activities for the University. Fund raising activities include but are not limited to annual giving, major gifts, corporate giving, foundation giving, planned giving, special events fundraising, campaigns and related programs.
- Leads staff and volunteers to institutionalize philanthropy and fund development within the organization.
- Plans, coordinates and assures implementation of strategies to develop donors and contributions to support the University.
- Assures development and maintenance of appropriate systems to fund development including but not limited to volunteer and donor management, research and cultivation, gift processing and recognition.
- Maintains accountability and compliance standards for donors and funding sources.
- Keeps informed of developments in philanthropy and fund development; informs the President, executive committees, and Foundation Board of current trends, issues, problems and activities in order to facilitate policy making. Recommends policy positions concerning fund development.
- Helps develop a balanced funding mix of donor sources and solicitation programs tailored to the needs of the organization that will enable it to attract, retain and motivate donors and fundraising volunteers.
- Helps establish performance measures, monitors results and helps the President and Foundation Board evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s fund development program.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the Advancement functions (Development, Advancement Services, Annual Programs).
- Has oversight responsibility for Marketing Communications (Creative Services, Public Relations, KETR Radio Station, and Alumni Relations), including setting strategic goals, measuring performance, and supporting the marketing and communications needs of the University.
- Supports the Foundation by serving as ex officio Executive Director.
- Monitors Foundation endowment account balances and approves expenditures.
- Serves as the liaison to all campus campaigns and fundraising committees as well as the Foundation Board and any other entities that are established in relation to university advancement efforts.
- Regularly attends and participates in university-wide functions.
- Responsible for achieving all performance goals outlined by the President/CEO regarding this position.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires BachelorÔ??s degree in an appropriate field from a regionally accredited university and a minimum of seven (7) years of fund raising experience and or development experience with a demonstrated record of success. Must have a strong leadership and communication skills, and supervisor experience. MasterÔ??s degree, capital campaign management and higher education experience preferred.
Supervision of Personnel
Associate Vice President Marketing Communications, Director(s) of Development, Director of Advancement Services, and Assistant to VPIA.