Position Title:Vice President Student Access and Success
Department:Student Access and Success, VP for
Purpose of Position
Provides the vision and leadership to the university in meeting student needs through the areas of admission, enrollment management, retention, student affairs, and outreach programs. Is responsible for the oversight and evaluation of an associate vice president, assistant vice president and dean of student affairs, and dean of enrollment and retention. Promotes leadership by the university at state and national levels that enhance the university‚??s image and standing.
- Leads the division in planning, goal development and communication in accordance with the mission, strategic planning and budget development of the university.
- Works with the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs to integrate academic and student affairs into a cohesive, collaborative unit.
- Ensures the provision of an effective recruitment and retention program for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Works with the marketing communications department to successfully promote and market academic and student affairs program.
- Provides administrative supervision and support for off-campus instructional sites.
- Creates a positive living and learning environment through areas such as University College, Honors College, Residence Living and Learning, and Student Support Services.
- Promotes the development of partnerships with public schools and community colleges to strengthen and grow a diverse and academically qualified student body.
- Ensures that students with economic challenges are afforded the assistance needed to acquire funds for achieving their educational goals.
- Monitors, revises and writes rules and procedures necessary for the effective operation of the Student Access and Success division.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a doctoral degree and administrative record of progressively increasing responsibility in enrolment management, retention efforts and student affairs. An understanding of undergraduate and graduate student needs and a commitment to diversity, civility, services and outreach. A comprehensive vision of student affairs and knowledge of national trends and developments in student services.
Supervision of Personnel
Oversees the supervision of: Associate Vice President, Dean of Students, Dean of Enrollment Management & Retention, Dean of University College, Director of TRIO Services, Dean of Honors College.