Position Title:Video Supervisor
Department:Instructional Technology and Distance Education
Purpose of Position
Responsible for configuring, installing, troubleshooting complex PC software systems including desktop operating systems, client network software and equipment software, and distance education systems. Additional responsibilities include camera operation, electronic field production and video production.
- ·Assists in installing and implementation of complex network operating software and two-way interactive videoconferencing systems.
- ·Troubleshoots complex software configurations including PC and Macintosh operating systems and distance education systems.
- ·Performs circuit tests and assists in resolving data circuit problems.
- ·Installs building distribution data cabling with limited supervision.
- ·Provides training regarding systems operations and user troubleshooting techniques.
- ·Maintains equipment and network trouble and resolution logs.
- ·Prepares and maintains equipment configuration documentation and maintenance records.
- ·Interfaces with suppliers and vendor technical support on equipment upgrades and network services.
- ·Executes daily operational routines of systems and peripheral equipment (PCs, document cameras, audio systems, fax machines, VCRs, etc.) to ensure high quality classroom performance.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
Requires a Baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college. Major course work in Radio and Television production or related field is preferred. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in troubleshooting and operating Distance Education Systems, and in producing videos using both linear and non-linear devices. Must have general knowledge of installing and configuring PC equipment and peripherials, as well as multi-media devices. Must be self motivated and able to work independently or on a team. Must be able to complete work assignments in a timely manner, providing quality service to customerÔ??s satisfaction. Must be abel to organize and keep accurate written and computerized records. Must be able to work harmoniously with other staff, customers, and vendors. Must understand and perform written and oral instructions. Must be able to work under pressure in a fast paced environment and adapt to changes in procedures and priorities. Must be able to work extended and sometimes unusual hours of the day.
Supervision of Personnel
On campus and remote site facilitators.