Position Title:Work Control Administrator
Reports To:Assistant Director of Facilities
Purpose of Position
Responsible for coordinating, documenting and analyzing work flow in the Computerized Work Management System (CWMS).
- Creates and maintains Work requests in the CWMS (MAXIMUS Facility Focus).
- Serves as the Campus-wide primary point of contact (including phone, email, radio and verbal) for the Facilities Department for all maintenance issues and service requests.
- Serves as CWMS Administrative (with “Superuser” privileges) for all CWMS activities except Server Security and Login (CTIS).
- Creates and maintains operational information in the CWMS, including: University personnel, campus building and grounds, campus rooms, vendors and contractors.
- Processes time records as reported by shop supervisor and enters information into the CWMS.
- Analyze CWMS database and provides reports to Facilities Management pertaining to organizational efficiency, maintenance trends and problem areas.
- Produces additional reports for the Assistant Director of Facilities from the CWMS as requested.
- Coordinates with facilities shop supervisor to ensure prompt notification, escalation and successful completion of maintenance issues and service requests.
- Creates and maintains preventative maintenance flags/reminders for facilities shop supervisor for major Capital Equipment.
- Monitors facilities radio communications and provides guidance when needed to ensure accuracy of work and timely completion of tasks.
- Serves as the campus-wide primary point of contact with both campus and community scheduling entities to address the needs of both on and off-campus activities that involve university assets (as directed by (McKenna).
- Processes, tracks and archives Facilities Loan Agreements for University assets.
Contributes to the effective team management of all relevant problems, issues and opportunities.
This job description shall include, but is not necessarily limited to, the above duties. May temporarily perform other duties assigned to maintain operations and services.
Marginal Functions will vary with the specific assignment and depend on the particular unit or function for which the person is responsible. Consideration will be given on a case by case basis and reassignment of marginal duties will be made when appropriate.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent required. Experience with a CWMS helpful. Must have knowledge of custodial and maintenance responsibilities and capabilities. Direct experience as a custodian or maintenance personnel preferred. Must have a valid Texas driversā?? license with a good driving record. May require work after hours, weekends, holidays, and emergency situations. Good computer skills are a must.
Supervision of Personnel