State of Texas Term Contracts
The Texas Building & Procurement Commission establishes term contracts by commodity codes as a supply source for State agencies. Contracts are based on estimated quantities and may be ordered as needed regardless of funds. No bidding is required if the term contract is utilized regardless of dollar amount. Term contracts were created by the State of Texas to offer goods or services to state agencies at a discounted price.
Ordering from the State's term contracts is easy once the commodity code has been determined. To determine the commodity code, visit the State of Texas Commodity Code link in this section. The following steps are designed to aid in searching and ordering from the State's contracts:
- Determine the commodity code for the needed items.
- Visit the Term Contract page.
- If the first three numbers of the commodity code appear on term contract page, then the needed items could be contracted. The contracts are setup numerically according to the first three digits of the commodity code.
- Click on the link of the desired commodity.
- Scroll through the page until you find the needed items.
- Record the 11 digit number. This number needs to be entered into the FAMIS requisition as well as the item's description. Example: 010-30-01020-0, 302/304 Stainless Steel Banding.
- Create a FAMIS requisition. Only the Purchasing Department can process a State term contract order.