Travel Advance Information
Travel advances should be limited to extensive trips, or persons taking students with them.
An approved travel exempt purchase number should be completed for total expenses for your trip.
When students are traveling with you, an exempt purchase number for yourself with money encumbered to cover your expenses, plus expenses for the students.
A list with the students' names and social security numbers, or student identification numbers, should be attached to the travel advance form.
Five days prior to the trip, submit a travel advance form.
This is a loan- a voucher should be submitted immediately upon return from your trip.
Completing the voucher:
- Receipts are required for everything including food.
- Students follow the same guidelines for reimbursement as employees.
- Expenses on the back of the voucher should be itemized per day.
- The voucher should reflect you received an advance.
- Advance money not utilized on the trip, should be deposited into the advance account, using this form.
- The receipt from the cashier should be attached to the voucher.
- Should your reimbursable expenses be more, a difference check will be issued.