Junior Faculty Research Award Competition
Each year, Texas A&M University-Commerce will recognize junior faculty for outstanding research; which consists of a systematic study directed toward fuller scientific knowledge or understanding of the subject studied. Awards will be given for innovative research and each award consists of a $1,000 cash prize and a plaque. Funds will come from the Faculty Research Endowment, which was established to support faculty research.
Eligibility: Texas A&M University-Commerce full-time, tenure-track faculty members are eligible for consideration for the Junior Faculty Research Award.
Criteria: The research that supports the nomination should meet the following criteria:
- Nominee's research primarily, but not exclusively, has been performed while a faculty member at A&M-Commerce.
- Emphasis will be placed on the impact that the research has on the discipline.
- Strong indications of innovation in research rather than quantity of production will be considered.
Nomination & Submission Procedure: Nominations for the awards may be made by a University tenure or tenure-track faculty member (including self-nominations). Items 1-3 (shown below) should be completed by the individual providing the nomination. Items 4-6 (shown below) should be completed by the nominee.
- A nomination letter, which should include a brief (250 word limit) introductory statement concerning the nominee's research accomplishments and the reasons the individual should be considered for the award;
- Request at least one letter of support from someone within the University appraising the research submitted for consideration;
- Request at least one letter of support from an evaluator outside of the University, who is qualified to evaluate the subject matter of the research submitted for consideration;
- Synopsis (250 word limit) of significant contributions of nominee;
- A complete curriculum vita including a list of nominee's publications;
- No more than five (5) relevant reprints and/or other supporting materials.
Review Process: Nominations will be reviewed and evaluated by the University Research and Creative Activity Committee. The Committee will use the following factors in the evaluation process and the application should address these factors. A maximum of two awards will be made and announced by mid-April.
- Student involvement in research
- Funding/support received for research
- Dissemination of research results (publication, presentations, etc.)
- Research accomplishments at A&M-Commerce
- Strength of supporting and nomination letters
- Impact of research on discipline
- Research creativity/innovation
- Potential contribution/impact to the advancement of the discipline
Deadline: All items must be received in the Office of Sponsored Programs by 4th Monday of February. Only complete nomination packets will be considered for the award.
For questions contact Julie Russell at 903/886-5963 or email@example.com.